Hello Fellow Orange County Citizens
Hi everyone, I know many of you are just learning about me so please take a moment and look through my pages and posts. I hide nothing and re-post any comments so long as they are family friendly. My contact info is also provided in the Bio and I will speak to anyone on any subject . Please find me on Face Book as well.
If you like what you see here you MUST share with everyone you can any way you can. We can not afford to remain on sidelines another year.We CAN make Orange better by returning to the basic principles of liberty.
Why am I running for BOCC
There is not one Republican – or a Conservative of any party affiliation, for that matter – on the Orange County Board of Commissioners and no one can tell me, historically, if there ever was. I hope to change that.
Anything so weighted to one side tends to move in a circle and that ‘circular motion’ exhibited by the current Board does not serve our County’s best interests.
The current Board and their predecessors methods of governing have sought to make our community better by taking the form of a tool. Their quest to “improve our lives” has been done so to-date by:
- Ratcheting Orange County into the Top 5 highest taxed Counties in the state of North Carolina (soon to be 4th)
- Forced and harnessed us, as private property owners and small business owners, to bear 80% of the tax base burden of this County
- Strategically pummeled and driven new businesses away from this County through red tape, unrealistic restrictions and bureaucracy
Clearly the Tool has grown more than the prosperity of the County.
If the Citizens of District Two and District One are pleased with the representation they are currently receiving from the board, I gladly recommend they continue to vote Democrat. I am another Option and with your support, I will gladly fight for your voice to be heard.
I believe in individuals working together making our community better and those individuals are you and me. . I wish to empower individuals and improve our quality of life in Orange County by:
- Lowering Taxes
- Expanding Economic Development
- Making County Government more Accountable and to force it to live with in it’s means
- Demanding Transparency in Government and bringing the proceedings to the people, not the other way around.
- Pushing government to increase Liberty instead of Control
Government is not a tool to impose good intentions of one segment of society upon another and it does not create jobs. Government can only construct degrees of freedom in which prosperity may be created or suppressed. Understanding this, I wish to enable individuals to make their own choices in Orange. I wish to create conditions so people wish to stay and Grow in Orange.
I have never seen the level of progressive and reckless spending as I do here in Orange. Government has taken the shape of a club. The business climate is hostile and close-minded. The taxes are too high. Land use regulations are becoming more restrictive and District Two feels that they have no Representation. This trend must stop and be reversed to create an environment in which people wish to live with, not under.
If Elected I will:
- I will not vote for any further, unnecessary taxes.
- I will not vote for any tax dollars to be spent on Non-Citizens of the United States.
- I will begin every board meeting with the Pledge of Allegiance
- I will oppose any Orange County ventures into services that are available to the Private Sector and seek to privatize as much as possible for taxpayer savings and accountability.
- I will encourage growth in the Business sector by working to end the hostility toward business and delays in permitting and paring down regulatory barriers to business creation.
- I will always resort to freedom and liberty as my default positions.
- I will always use Merit as my gauge in the interests of my district.
- I seek to only serve one term. Entrenchment serves no one and this allows me to serve D2 as intended
- I will work for the remaining liberties of Sportsmen to be preserved.
There is not one thing that can aid District Two that cannot aid District One and thus the entire County. Currently District One is operating at the expense of District Two and by the structure chosen, always determines the representative FOR District Two . That must end.
I am not a politician nor have I been Practicing to be a Politician by working at a myriad of other bureaucratic levels. I believe the fastest way to the truth is to call things by their real names and in such I will be blunt, forceful, in defense of My District’s interests and I will not temper for, nor entertain frivolity. I’m like most conservatives and unaffiliated citizens of the district, I want to be left alone and free to prosper or fail by my own initiative. The direction of Orange County is not conducive to that goal nor is it in line principles that have brought us to this point and therefore I am prompted to act. The Candidates coming to the BOCC from Chapel Hill next term are like nothing anything like Orange county has ever seen. I encourage every citizen to act as well as the new shape of the BoCC will resemble a hammer.
Find me on www.facebook.com/ChrisWeaver4NC